Planning Your Move to Portland
Moving to any new city can be tremendously stressful. Even more stressful, can be the trip to visit your new destination and take a tour of the new place you will soon be calling home. This is why it is important to make a good plan when scheduling your visit. In making a strategy, you can make the most of your time and knock out some of the major decisions that need to be made prior to your relocation.
Here is a list of things to consider when planning your visit to the city you are relocating to:
- Contact your Realtor. This is extremely critical because your Realtor will be able to help you schedule home viewings and find areas that are best for you and your family.
- Make sure that the homes you wish to tour will be available for your appointment, especially if you make a trip over a holiday.
- Grab a rental car and see what your commute to your employer will be like. This will help you to decide what proximity you feel comfortable with in regards to where your job is located.
- Get information on the schools. Especially if you feel you may send your children to a private school – this would be a good time to schedule a walk through.
- Take the time to tour the area and find what healthcare facilities are close by.
- Plan some activities for your family to do. Finding some fun things for the kids to do will not only keep them busy, but also ease their minds about their new hometown.
- Set reasonable expectations with your Realtor in advance. Setting a standard out the gate will help the Realtor help you, so that time is not wasted on your trip.
Making a schedule when visiting Portland prior to your move will cut down on time, confusion and most importantly – stress!
Research your trip about moving to Portland by ordering a copy of the Portland Relocation Guide. Here, you can find valuable information on Realtors, communities, homes, education and so much more.